Thursday, March 22, 2012

Opening Up . . .



I know I have been M.I.A. and I've been meaning to do something about that, but what had happened was . . . uh . . .see . . . cause I meant to be like  . . . oh hell I don't know! I was just feeling so overwhelmed and so blah.  Then I was summoned for jury duty and was actually picked for the trial and that just zapped what little bit I did have.  I've been wanting to write about my jury duty experience--and probably will next week--but I've just been feeling so blocked.  Then I decided to get my butt up and out of my funk and started taking advantage of this pre-summer here in Chicago.  I've been walking and doing my yoga and it's really helped me to wake up.  Now I have so much I want to say I can't get it all down.  So I decided to try my hand at this whole video logging or vlogging thing.  This is my first attempt so be real extra gen-teel with your criticisms cause like Erykah Badu, I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my--shut yo mouth! I'm just talking about me baby!  See I'm feeling better already!

7 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful!!!
    This is a brave first step TRANSPARENCY...proud of you!!!
    LET IT GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!! You know you're one of my inspirations. And one of these Wednesdays my child is going to bed ON TIME so I can get back in the chat room!

      Delete
  2. LOL . . . LOVE your blog entry and your video was cool! I haven't had the guts to do the whole video blog thing (because I despise the way I look and sound taped) but KUDOS to you for stepping out of your comfort zone . . . You might be able to teach this "old dog" a new trick or two (LOL~ROTFL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaz! I hate the way I lok and sound too! But in light of this whole open and letting go groove, I'm just doing the thing any ole way!

      Delete
    2. So my reply just got cut off but I'm back. . . As I was saying, just do it. Don't listen to your inner critic. And a friend told me it was simple and I'll be John Brown if she wasn't right. I just used my cam on my Mac and uploaded it. I think I'm going to try one at least every two weeks. I'm afraid I won't do another one otherwise

      Delete
  3. I love it!! Talk about confirmation!!! Letting go of things that no longer serve us. That's been ringing in my ears since November of last year. Especially some people I've known since birth practically. They were emotional vampires over the years. Wanting to cut them loose but kept feeling I would be a horrible person for doing so. But I was feeling horrible with them. I let them go and NEWS FLASH! I'm not a horrible person. YAY!

    Thank you, Je'Niece! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela . . . Gurrlll!!!!! You have said a mouthful! Letting go of certain people was the HARDEST thing for me. I struggled so much with that. I know that's because I have been a Grade A people pleaser. And like you, I felt like a horrible person for choosing me over them. Now I know better. Thanks for your share!

      Delete