Friday, August 24, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall . . . What the Hell Am I Seeing?!




Happy, Happy Friday! I'm baaack!!  I have been unable to post any of my Happy Friday v-logs lately due to some kind of glitch with Blogger, but thankfully, it has been vanquished.  So here I'm is, back on display.  Now this is an older one I recorded a while ago so you can't see my new do or nothing on this one, but it's still me. 

Any ole way . . . this post has been a prevalent issue in my life lately.  It's all about acknowledgment.  Acknowledging who we are and all the good there is to us.  I know for many of us, we are taught how to not see ourselves clearly.  When we were young, we weren't taught to love ourselves, praise ourselves, celebrate ourselves.  We were taught it's selfish to do that.  But let us do something "wrong" and oh we were taught to make sure the world stopped so that everyone could know what we did.  And that just taught us to treat ourselves the same way.  But for me, it's been a constant struggle.  I have a huge tendency to see myself in the lack category.  I don't see all the accomplishments I have under my belt, all the good things about me.  I tend to see all that I am not, and could be (but not quite yet).  It's a terrible habit I'm working oh so hard to break, and every day, I encounter someone or some situation that brings my attention to it.  Most recently, I have found myself attracted to a man.  *Gasp!*  I know, it's been almost 4 years since one has been able to turn my eye and yet here it is.  And there are some things I want to do differently this time around.  (I'll post more about this in detail on Monday). But knowing that, I know that means I can't go forward doing the same thing.  I attracted men who didn't acknowledge all of my greatness because I wasn't acknowledging it.  And I don't want that anymore.  It doesn't serve me at all now.

But again, any ole' way, that's not entirely the point.  That was just one example.  This thing here is for me and all about me (as it should be).  There are other examples of how this issue has been showing up in my life, but that one just caught me most off guard.  So what about you?  Do you have problems acknowledging your good?  Do you see yourself for who you really are?  Or do you just acknowledge your shortcomings like so many others?  If so, I challenge you to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and start to see the good that I bet so many others already see.  Now go out and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment